Always access the latest documentation, which is hosted on the Twilio CDN.
If you are interested in Mac Catalyst support, please contact support to get hands-on experience with it.
Twilio Conversations SDKs use Semantic Versioning. Twilio supports version N-1 for 12 months after the first GA release of version N. We recommend that you upgrade to the latest version as soon as possible to avoid any breaking changes.
Support for 1.x will cease on October 19, 2022. Please upgrade to the latest version.
- Fixed an issue causing the SDK to crash on assertions.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a token was updated while the network was unavailable.
- Improved client synchronization time for users with many Conversations and Participants.
- Added multiple media support. From now on a message can contain both text and media, and have more than one media. See
TCHConversation.limitsin the docs.
- New method to build a message:
- New property to get all media attachments from the message:
- New methods in
TwilioConversationsClientto get temporary content URLs from media and media SIDs.
TCHMessageType, and all the methods and properties related to them.
- Reduced the SDK footprint.
- Improved internal stability.
- Fixed a crash triggered by network unavailability.
- Dropped support for iOS 11.
- Reduced the SDK footprint.
- Major under-the-hood improvement (the “Sessionless” protocol). This improvement is designed primarily for improved reliability. While this is not a breaking code change, it does carry a meaningful impact on timing:
- SDK commands will return success or failure up to ~10% more quickly than before.
- Real-time updates of data are now likely to arrive after the command completes.
[TCHConversation setAttributes]will invoke completion (i.e., success) while
[TCHConversation attributes]still returns the old value. To see the new value, we recommend waiting for an update event, e.g., in the
- Some error messages have changed. For example, trying to leave a conversation you’re not part of will return error
50432, Participant not foundinstead of
50400, User not member of channel.
[TCHMessageOptions withAttributes]is simplified. It does not take a completion callback anymore, and returns an error if it failed to set any attributes.
- Fixed reconnection after restoring application from background. The issue was introduced in 1.2.0, and users are highly encouraged to upgrade to this version to avoid experiencing disconnection problems.
- Added possibility to set dispatch queue to get reports not from main queue, but from selected one.
- Added support of XCFramework with arm64 simulator.
- Added support for SPM.
- Removed support of Carthage until it supports binary XCFrameworks.
- Fixed an issue when connection could be not established after returning from background.
- The SDK now supports HTTP proxy. Proxy could be enabled by using a new flag
useProxypassed to client properties on a client creation. Settings read from the system configuration.
- Added ability to defer certificates check to the OS (disable pinning) using new flag
deferCertificateTrustToPlatformpassed to client properties on a client creation.
- Fixed a bug when
conversationDeleteddoesn't come when Participant removed by other user.
- Fixed a bug which could lead to client synchronisation stuck.
- Fixed a crash on accessing
participantWithIdentityfrom multiple threads.
- Added support for detailed delivery receipts. See
First public release for the new Conversations product.