Due to an influx of fraudulent traffic, we made the difficult decision to disable access to Programmable Fax for any new accounts and accounts that have not used it in the last 12 months. Learn more.
Twilio's Programmable Fax API helps you send, receive, and manage faxes programmatically. Fax is an essential tool for a variety of organizations from hospitals to law offices, and restaurants to government departments. Previously, fax was offline and brittle. Today, it’s online and ready to work.
Using the Fax REST API you can migrate the manual, offline process of faxing into a software experience. You can send and receive faxes and view historical fax records on your account.
Not a developer? See our Programmable Fax product page.
- Get up and running quickly with this Programmable Fax quickstart.
- Learn how to send a fax with the API
- Learn how to receive faxes with the API
- Dive into the Programmable Fax REST API documentation
Check out these blog posts for fax-powered application inspiration and sample code!
- Fax ASCII images using Node and Programmable Fax
- Convert fax to email with Programmable Fax, Twilio Functions, and SparkPost
- Build a Cellular Connected Fax Machine with a Raspberry Pi and a Thermal Printer
Sometimes seeing is believing. Watch this video to see just how quickly you can send a fax with Twilio.