- Rapid Response Broadcasting Kit
Rapid Response Broadcasting KitTwilio
- COVID use case
A broadcasting voice app that uses Twilio conferencing to enable immediate communication with a wide group of people after a disaster.
This sample app implements a disaster response kit that allows organizers to instantly communicate with a large group of volunteers. The app supports 2 primary usecases:
- It allows organizers to quickly spin up a conference line to support situations where all parties (organizers and volunteers) need to talk immediately. This is acheived by:
- creating Conference calls to connect with all first responders over the Voice channel
- setting Conference call characteristics that determine when the call starts/ends and if the call is one-way (listen-only)
- It allows organizers to broadcast spoken messages to a list of volunteer phone numbers. This is achieved by:
- Creating a recording
- Calling the list of volunteer numbers via the Twilio Voice REST API
- Playing the recording to the volunteers that answer the call before hanging up
We are currently in the process of updating this sample template. If you are encountering any issues with the sample, please open an issue at github.com/twilio-labs/code-exchange/issues and we’ll try to help you.
There was an issue loading the page.
Please try again in some time.