More security. Less hassle.
Protect your business and your customers with API‑powered tools right for any use case or user.
Elevate your security and enhance user experience with push authentications.
Push authentications are more powerful than passwords. Instantly deliver a new, seamless experience for your user that adds context and confidence to their login.
Add versatility to your login experience with soft tokens.
Soft tokens enable authentications anywhere. If a user can’t receive an SMS or push authentication on mobile or desktop because they’re offline or out of data, they can still login using time‑based one‑time password (TOTP).
TOTP tokens are generated from a device specific shared secret. Allowing you to make risk decisions per device compared to device agnostic means of authentication such as SMS and Voice.
SMS, Voice, and Email ensure every user can login securely.
SMS, Voice, and Email are ubiquitous forms of both communication and authentication, allowing you to reach a massive audience without any onboarding barriers.
SMS, Voice, and Email auth are a vast improvement from using a password alone, giving you both global reach and reliability.
Meet the Authy API - the engine powering Authy.
Authentication is the lock on the front door of your app. We’re the best locksmiths in town. Authy’s powerful API delivers you unparalleled security and a seamless user experience.
An API developed to solve for problems you can't anticipate
Authy solves security challenges that are invisible to the untrained eye, handling variables across carriers, devices, locales, and frameworks. Authy solves hard problems, but integrates easily.
The power of the Authy app and API combined
Securing customers requires context. Passwords alone won’t cut it. Authy works across all platforms and operating systems to validate logins with contextual data bad actors can’t fake.
Multiple authentication channels
- SMS/Voice one-time passcode (OTP): Authenticate with the most common channel, SMS and Voice.
- Email one‑time passcode (OTP): Authenticate users with OTP sent via Email.
- API soft tokens (TOTP): Authentication that's more secure than SMS/Voice and works offline.
- Google Authenticator soft tokens: Give user control over the authenticator app they want to use
- Push authentication: Most secure and user friendly form of authentication, allows for a true passwordless experience.
Flexible client software
- Pre‑built Authy app (iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS): We build the client apps so you don't have to. They are in use by millions of users.
- Multi device, synced authentication: Ease of use across mobile and desktop, allowing for recovery when mobile devices lost or stolen.
- Backup reduces support issues: Unlike Google Authenticator which loses all tokens if device is lost or app uninstalled, Authy securely backs up your 2FA data.
- Authenticator SDK (iOS, Android): Embed the TOTP or push authentication experience into your own mobile applications.
Secure by default
- Offline TOTP support: Offline authentication via the Authy app or the Authenticator SDK.
- Detailed device data for contextual auth: Risk based authentication using up to date device data.
- SOC2 compliant: SOC2 compliant since 2016.
- End to end encryption with non‑repudiation: Push authentication offer the most secure authentication option.
- Handset only SMS OTP delivery (certain regions only): Prevent the 2FA SMS from being delivered to web portals, only trusted handsets.
Globally configured out of the box
- Optimized and translated for 200+ regions: Global monitoring for carries filtering and changing regulations.
- Built‑in translations: Translated text and voice messages based on the country code of the user's phone.
- Managed telecoms with hundreds of phone numbers: Hundreds of managed numbers, regional specific.
- Short codes and alpha sender IDs: Built in management of codes and IDs.
- Rich reporting: Web based reports or detailed information via a reporting API or webhooks.
- First level user support: We support your users when they use the Authy app for their 2FA.
Authy plans & pricing
Security isn’t one‑size‑fits‑all. You need a solution tailored to your business. Authy offers flexible pricing plans for your use case, your volume, and your needs.